Sunday, March 13, 2011

BP4_Review of Storyjumper

I used "storyjumper" to tell the story of Jesus Light Beer. The interface was very intuitive. Signing up was hassle free. I stumbled upon this tool while reading my classmates blogs (Dena Richardson). I could use this in my art classes as an imaginative writing assignment - create a book which tells about your religious beliefs, an illuminated manuscript.




There are many fanciful templates to choose from. Here are  underwater  and uniform templates.
Here are outer space and  train templates.














Here are fire truck/emergency vehicle and magical templates.









I chose to start from scratch.







I imported my Jesus Light beer can to create the cover of the book. (this is the back and front cover graphics of the book)
Storyjumper allows you to use imported images as background or you can crop them and use them as props.
There is also a clip art library and convenient search tools.
I believe story jumper would be fun to experiment with in my classroom. I think I will take the students to the computer lab - if I can get in. The books we create can be shared or printed. Storyjumper has tutorial videos built into the site. There are many well done books available for viewing, which could be used as exemplars. Teaching elementary students the qualities needed for a harmonious and productive school culture could be a sneaky way to have high school students reflect on their own behaviors and attitudes. Funny books would surely be produced by students exercising their right of subjective interpretation and rationalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment